Parent Gym is a 6 week parenting programme starting Tuesday 26th February 9am, if you would like to know more come along to a Taster session on Tuesday 5th February 9am to 10.30am.
Helping Empower Ladies Programme
Starts Monday 28th January 1pm - 3.00pm. Meet weekly.
Creche is available with limited spaces (creche settling date 21st January 2019)
HELP is a support group for ladies who are experiencing any difficulties from low moods, dealing with a bereavement, Domestic Abuse, parenting challenges, isolation or just need support around confidence/self –esteem.
HELP will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Meet other women in similar situations.
- Develop your self-esteem and confidence.
- Set achievable goals for your future.
- Learn skills and techniques to manage your stress.
- Look at ways to make positive changes to your life!
How do I join? If you want to know more about this group and how we can help you call Mrs. Nazir on 0208 478 5560
Keeping up with the Children - Maths
Starts: Thursday 10th January 2019, 9.00am - 12.00pm. 12 week course
- You will increase and improve your knowledge and understanding of how and what children learn in numeracy lessons at school.
- You will also have the opportunity to re-fresh your own numeracy skills and knowledge.
- Do you want to find out ways to support your child with Maths?
To book a place or for further information about this workshop contact Mrs. Nazir at Christchurch Primary School on 0208 478 5560 ext 321
Low mood Feeling self-critical Useless/worthless
Experiencing intrusive upsetting thoughts
Feeling Anxious Intense fear/avoiding situations
If you or anyone you know is feeling any of the above and would like to know how to get support, come along to our workshop run by an IAPT Therapist (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies)
Shuhela Shanaz from IAPT will be at Christchurch Primary School on Monday 21stJanuary 2019 at 9.00am to talk about services.
IAPToffer a wide range of effective and practical techniques for anyone who is experiencing stress, anxiety, low mood, or depression, through workshops, group sessions, or guided self-help using workbooks or online resources; or through one-to-one support.
Just come along to this useful workshop and find out more
Workshop: Talking Therapies
Where: Christchurch Primary School
When: Monday 21stJanuary 2019 9am
How do I join? Come to the School reception on the day of the workshop
If you need any more information please speak to Mrs Nazir at School or If you feel you need to speak IAPT earlier you can call them direct between the hours of 9am to 5pm on 0300 555 1220 to self-refer or refer online www.iaptportal.co.uk/nelred.html
STRANGER DANGER 2019
Freedom from Abuse works to prevent child abuse and help those who have suffered abuse to recover and thrive, also providing education on how to identify an abuser and an abused child from their behaviours. We focus on the issues of Child Sexual Abuse, Child Sexual Exploitation and Staying Safe Online with a pragmatic approach from lived experiences.
Freedom From Abuse is running a workshop for parent’s at Christchurch Primary School to receive vital information on how to keep their children safe from danger.
Please attend our workshop on Wednesday 30thJanuary 2019 at 9am (approximately 1½ hours long)
By recognising online and offline grooming behaviours we can all help to prevent child sexual abuse
By the end of the training the parent’s will have learned;
- How to keep a healthy and trusting relationship with children
- How to monitor children's online and offline activity
- How to prevent getting into gangs, tell-tale signs of involvement
- How to recognise the grooming behaviour of an abuser
- How to recognise signs and behaviour when a child has been groomed/abused
Workshop: Stranger Danger 2019
Where: Christchurch Primary School
When: Wednesday 30thJanuary 2019, 9.00am
How do I join? Come to the School reception on day of workshop
For more information come in to School and ask for/or call Mrs Nazir on
0208 478 5560